All schools and colleges in Isle of Wight
School workforce in 2017 to 2018
|School workforce in 2017 to 2018|
|HideShow sorting options Click to expand|
|Teachers||Teaching assistants||Support staff|
|Priory School||Independent School||No data available or applicable for this school or college|
|Ryde School with Upper Chine||Independent School||No data available or applicable for this school or college|
|St Catherine's School||Special School||No data available or applicable for this school or college|
|St George's School||Special School||No data available or applicable for this school or college|
|Isle of Wight - state-funded secondary schools||Teachers||482||446||16.1||£37,792||Teaching assistants||159||131||Support staff||185||169|
|England - state-funded secondary schools||Teachers||219,662||204,197||16.0||£39,762||Teaching assistants||60,356||47,787||Support staff||85,395||72,005|
|Isle of Wight - state-funded primary schools||Teachers||522||452||20.5||£36,398||Teaching assistants||665||404||Support staff||258||145|
|England - state-funded primary schools||Teachers||247,455||219,859||20.9||£38,697||Teaching assistants||270,431||174,291||Support staff||87,157||57,901|
- Academy - government funded but run by an academy trust rather than a local authority.
- College - colleges generally are focused on the 16 to 18 phase of education and provide vocational as well as academic courses. Some colleges also provide for full-time study at key stage 4.
- Independent school - privately funded.
- Maintained school - government funded and run by a local authority.
- Special school - schools that specialise in educating pupils with special educational needs.
Is there anything wrong with this page? Click to expand
Help us improve GOV.UK
Thank you for your help
If you have more extensive feedback, please complete our survey opens in a new window
An error occurred while processing your feedback submission
Please try again