Russell Education Trust
This is 2018/2019 data. No absence data is available for 2020/2021. To view the pupil population data for 2020/2021 click here
Pupil absence in schools in 2018 to 2019
|Pupil absence in schools in 2018 to 2019|
|HideShow sorting options Click to expand|
|St Andrew the Apostle Greek Orthodox School||Type of school Academy||Overall rate of absence 5.9%||Persistent absence 13.9%|
|King's School||Type of school Academy||Overall rate of absence 5.8%||Persistent absence 14.7%|
|Turing House School||Type of school Academy||Overall rate of absence 5%||Persistent absence 10.7%|
|Bristol Free School||Type of school Academy||Overall rate of absence 4.8%||Persistent absence 12.7%|
|Becket Keys Church of England Free School||Type of school Academy||Overall rate of absence 3.7%||Persistent absence 5.6%|
|England - state-funded secondary schools||
Overall rate of absence5.5%
|England - state-funded primary schools||
Overall rate of absence4%
- Academy - government funded but run by an academy trust rather than a local authority.
- College - colleges generally are focused on the 16 to 18 phase of education and provide vocational as well as academic courses. Some colleges also provide for full-time study at key stage 4.
- Independent school - privately funded.
- Maintained school - government funded and run by a local authority.
- Special school - schools that specialise in educating pupils with special educational needs.
Percentage of possible mornings or afternoons recorded as an absence from school for whatever reason, whether authorised or unauthorised, across the full academic year.
The percentage of pupils missing 10% or more of the mornings or afternoons they could attend, meaning that if a pupil's overall rate of absence is 10 % or higher across the full academic year they will be classified as persistently absent.
Is there anything wrong with this page? Click to expand
Help us improve GOV.UK
Thank you for your help
An error occurred while processing your feedback submission
Please try again