Add a school or college to start your comparison listAdd this school Birmingham Ormiston Academy to the comparison list Remove this school Birmingham Ormiston Academy from the comparison list
English and maths
These scores show how much progress students at this school or college made in English and maths qualifications such as GCSE re-takes, between the end of key stage 4 opens a popup and the end of the 16 to 18 phase of education opens a popup . A positive score means that, on average, students got higher grades at 16 to 18 than at key stage 4. A negative score means that, on average, students got lower grades than at key stage 4. Students are included in these measures if they did not achieve a grade 4 or higher in their GCSE or equivalent by the end of key stage 4 in that subject. For further details, see the 16 to 18 Accountability Technical Guide opens in a new window .
|Number of students||School / college||Local authority state-funded schools / colleges||England all schools / colleges|
|English average progress||23||0.99||0.10||0.06|
|% entering an approved English qualification||-- opens a popup||100.0%||79.2%||81.1%|
|Maths average progress||45||0.58||-0.02||0.05|
|% entering an approved maths qualification||-- opens a popup||SUPP opens a popup||80.2%||83.4%|
Disadvantaged students are those who attract pupil premium funding at the end of key stage 4, meaning students claiming free school meals at any point in the previous 6 years, students in care, and those who left care through adoption or another formal route.The performance of disadvantaged students is compared with the local authority and the England average for 'other', where other means non - disadvantaged students.
|School / college disadvantaged students||Local authority state-funded schools / colleges other students||England state-funded schools / colleges other students|
|Number of students in scope for English||SUPP opens a popup||1452||65157|
|Average progress in English||SUPP opens a popup||0.23||0.17|
|Number of students in scope for maths||SUPP opens a popup||1819||84373|
|Average progress in maths||SUPP opens a popup||0.09||0.13|
About this data
- NA = Not applicable: figures are either not available for the year in question, or the data field is not applicable to the school or college
- NE = No entries: the school or college did not enter any pupils or students for the qualifications covered by the measure
- SUPP = Suppressed: In certain circumstances we will suppress an establishment's data. This is usually when there are 5 or fewer pupils or students covered by the measure (10 in the case of destination measures). We avoid making these figures public to protect individual privacy. We may also suppress data on a case-by-case basis.
- SP = Small percentage: the number is between 0% and 0.5%
- RE = Redacted: of a reliable estimate and therefore don’t provide a fair measure of performance. For transparency, we publish the headline information for these providers separately in the national achievement rates tables.
For further details, see the 16 to 18 Accountability Technical Guide opens in a new window
Read more information about the key stages and the national curriculum opens in a new window
Is there anything wrong with this page? Click to expand
Help us improve GOV.UK
Thank you for your help
If you have more extensive feedback, please complete our survey opens in a new window
An error occurred while processing your feedback submission
Please try again