Intermediate level qualifications (level 2) results over time
Most qualifications have a difficulty level. Level 3 is at about the same level of difficulty as an A level, but may take a different amount of time to study, and Level 2 is at about the same level of difficulty as a GCSE at grade C/4 or above. Read more about qualification levels opens in a new window .
Technical certificates are level 2 qualifications for students wishing to develop the specialist skills and knowledge for a technical occupation or industry. They lead to recognised occupations, for example in engineering, IT, accounting or professional cookery. For further details see technical and vocational qualifications opens in a new window and the 16 to 18 Accountability Technical Guide opens in a new window .
Completion and attainment Open help text for Completion and attainment opens a popup
|School / college||0.23||SUPP opens a popup||0.22|
|Local authority state-funded schools / colleges||0.05||-0.30||0.22|
|England state-funded schools / colleges||0||0.00||0.00|
|School / college||L2Merit||L2Merit||L2Merit|
|Local authority state-funded schools / colleges||L2Merit||L2Merit||L2Merit|
|England state-funded schools / colleges||L2Merit-||L2Merit-||L2Merit-|
% of students completing their main study programme Open help text for Percentage of students completing their main study programme opens a popup
- School / college
- Local authority state-funded schools / colleges
- England state-funded schools / colleges
|School / college||83.2%||87.9%||92.3%|
|Local authority state-funded schools / colleges||81.6%||88.8%||92.3%|
|England state-funded schools / colleges||86.3%||88.3%||87.9%|
About this data
- NA = Not applicable: figures are either not available for the year in question, or the data field is not applicable to the school or college
- NE = No entries: the school or college did not enter any pupils or students for the qualifications covered by the measure
- SUPP = Suppressed: in certain circumstances we will suppress an establishment's data. This is usually when there are 5 or fewer pupils or students covered by the measure (29 for apprenticeships measures). We avoid making these figures public to protect individual privacy. We may also suppress data on a case-by-case basis.
- SP = Small percentage: the number is between 0% and 0.5%
- RE = Redacted: we redact these figures if they do not allow the calculation of a reliable estimate and therefore don’t provide a fair measure of performance. For transparency, we publish the headline information for these providers separately in the national achievement rates tables.
For further details, see the 16 to 18 Accountability Technical Guide opens in a new window
Read more information about the key stages and the national curriculum opens in a new window
Is there anything wrong with this page? Click to expand
Help us improve GOV.UK
Thank you for your help
An error occurred while processing your feedback submission
Please try again