Add a school or college to start your comparison list
Compare selected schools and colleges
School workforce in 2016 to 2017
|School workforce in 2016 to 2017|
|HideShow sorting options Click to expand|
|Teachers||Teaching assistants||Support staff|
|England - state-funded secondary schools||Teachers||223,796||208,217.0||15.6||£39,483||Teaching assistants||63,585||50,116.2||Support staff||87,807||73,894.8|
|England - state-funded primary schools||Teachers||248,617||221,076.1||20.6||£37,119||Teaching assistants||275,030||175,874.4||Support staff||86,724||57,739.2|
|No schools or colleges added. Please add a school or college|
- Academy - government funded but run by an academy trust rather than a local authority.
- College - colleges generally are focused on the 16 to 18 phase of education and provide vocational as well as academic courses. Some colleges also provide for full-time study at key stage 4.
- Independent school - privately funded.
- Maintained school - government funded and run by a local authority.
- Special school - schools that specialise in educating pupils with special educational needs.
Is there anything wrong with this page? Click to expand
Help us improve GOV.UK
Thank you for your help
If you have more extensive feedback, please complete our survey (opens in a new window)
An error occurred while processing your feedback submission
Please try again